Discipleship Resource Ideas
The following suggestions are to give you some ideas of book on different topics or books of the Bible to help with personal study or if you are working in a discipleship relationship.
Topical Books/Studies - Books on specific topics that may help
- Marriage on the Rocks by Jimmy and Karen Evans
- Mingling of Souls by Matt and Lauren Chandler
- You and Me Forever by Francis Chan and Lisa Chan
- The Meaning of Marriage by Tim Keller
- Love and Respect by Dr. Emerson Eggerichs
- Sacred Marriage by Gary L. Thomas
- The Art of Marriage by FamilyLife
- Five Love Languages Gary Chapman
- His Needs Her Needs Willard F. Harley Jr.
- Gospel-Powered Parenting by William Farley
- Shepherding a Child’s Heart by Tedd Tripp
- What Every Son Wishes His Father Had Told Him by Byron Yawn
- Raising a Modern Day Knight by Robert Lewis
- Give them Grace by Elyse Fitzpatrick
- Don’t Make Me Count to Three by Ginger Plowman
- Bringing up Girls OR Bringing up Boys by James Dobson
- Praying Circles Around Your Children by Mark Batterson
- Grace Based Parenting by Tim Kimmel
- Anger: Handling a Powerful Emotion in a Healthy Way by Gary Chapman
- Uprooting Anger by Robert D. Jones
Surrender to God
- Breaking Free by Beth Moore
- Crazy Love by Francis Chan
- Absolute Surrender by Andrew Murray
- Radical by David Platt
- The Pursuit of God by AW Tozer
How to Study the Bible
- How To Read the Bible for All Its Worth by Gordon D. Fee
- Knowing Scripture by R.C. Sproul
- Rick Warren’s Bible Study Methods
- Multiply by Francis Chan
- Building a Discipling Culture by Mike Breen
- The Master Plan for Evangelism by Robert Coleman
- Real-Life Discipleship Jim Putman (Must have)
- Made for More by Hannah Anderson
- Abba’s Child by Brennan Manning
- Search for Significance by Robert McGee
- The Bondage Breaker by Neil T. Anderson
- The Purpose Driven Life by Rick Warren
- Experiencing God by Henry Blackaby
Understanding What you Believe
Work/Life Balance – Healthy Boundaries
Bible Studies – Helping you choose a book of the Bible that meets your Huddle’s needs.
Ephesians: Identity in Christ- How grace and the gospel define who you are and how you should live.
Hebrews: What is faith? How does it direct how we live, love and serve?
Philippians: Confidence in Christ – finding peace and joy in the midst of difficult circumstances.
- NAVPRESS – Philippians LifeChange Bible Study Series
Acts: How did the Church begin? What is your mission? How does God want to use you to build His Church?
John: Who is Jesus? A teacher? A Prophet? Or the true Son of God?
- Steve Severance’s John Study
Mark: Who is Jesus? What is the gospel?
Romans: Understanding what Christians believe – a clear discussion of Christian doctrine that Paul presented to the Romans. How does what God did through Jesus inform how we live?